About Me

My photo
I am a young mom with 2 children named Gabriel and Grace. I am just moving into a new home and am learning that happiness can be found when and where you least expect it.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Entry Way Update


Let's just be honest with each other and let it all hang out there. I LOVE Ana over at Knock-Off-Wood. I love every plan that she publishes. Everyday when Adam gets home from work I have all of my notes on what we need to start next. This is the 2nd completed item that we have built. You can see my Farm House Kitchen Table at an older post but today I am going to show you my new entry way system. I love it and am so excited to be sharing it with you.

First, lets flash back to the before

Don't get me wrong, I did this not to long ago but when I saw the plans for the entry system over at Ana's blog I had to have it.

I am so excited to have this. I  think I finally found a way to make my house feel welcoming when you walk inside.


I decided to paint it blue. It is the same color blue as the walls in my living room. 

All of the pictures and books were items that I had around the house. The baskets came from  the dollar tree.


I was originally going to hang three hooks on the lower section of the shelf but I found this saying also at the dollar tree and decided that it was the perfect touch for in between the other two hooks.


Once again, I am so happy to share this with you. It was love at first sight.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Im your newest follower! Found you through Someday Crafts. I am loving your blog!

Michelle
http://sweettattletales.blogspot.com

Amber D said...

OH how I wish my entry was large enough for something like this. It looks great!

Amber
www.lifelovegreen.com

Leanne said...

That looks great. I'm having We're Organized Wednesday link party this week. I would love it if you could come by and link up. There's a giveaway too. Hope to see you there.

M.O.T.B said...

You did a great job!!!! Like it so much better!!!!!!

KATIES MOM said...

I love your new entrance decor!! You didn't mention the pillow on the bench, where did you find it? It's the perfect size and finishing touch!

TheFiveDays said...

Lovely job! Want to come do mine? :)

Kenzie said...

Great job! Isn't Ana amazing!?! It's perfect for the spot too!

Melissa said...

OH my goodness, I love it!YOrgason1

Leanne said...

Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday. Have a beautiful weekend.