About Me

My photo
I am a young mom with 2 children named Gabriel and Grace. I am just moving into a new home and am learning that happiness can be found when and where you least expect it.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Saw The Sign...


I have fallen in love with everything funny, cute and creative to put around my house. I think that if you can just add a little bit of character to each room than it just makes everyone more happy. I have a 1/2 bath in my downstairs and when we moved in we decided to knock out a wall and move the laundry room in with the bath. It is a small space so I do not have a lot of room to decorate. I am working with what I have and I am really happy with what it looks like. I know that it is not anything fantastic, but it is me and that keeps me smiling!


This is where the "laundry room" was located when we moved in. I knew right away that it was going to have to move. What a waste of space!

This is the 1/2 bath that is located right behind where the washer was sitting in the previous picture. That giant hole in the wall across from the toilet is the wall that we ripped down and moved the laundry room to. Sorry I do not have any demo pics. It was a "dark" time for me ;)

So on to better times. This was a lot of work because all of the electrical and plumbing had to be reran. We bought everything brand new for this room. Toilet, sink, drywall, doors and flooring. You can find the pics of my bath here http://budgetsonadime.blogspot.com/2010/05/couch-makeover.html from an earlier post.

Now onto the drum roll...

I cut a couple of pieces of scrapbook paper and glued them onto a piece of construction paper. Then I just painted the saying, added a piece of ribbon and voile.


I added the curtains to brighten the space and to try and divide the rooms a little. I originally wanted to put bi fold doors but I think it would make the space look smaller.

This was just an old Pickle Jar that I had kept for God knows what reason, but it came in handy. I store my laundry detergent in it (obviously).

This is another sign that I hung with some wire. I just poked it through the back of the sign and then twirled it at the ends. It suits me and my families sense of humor.

These are two baskets that I bought from the dollar tree and added some green ribbon to. They are holding my laundry supplies.

This is me making the most of my space. Since this is where the laundry room is going to be for the next I don't know, 400 years. I figured that I might as well make as much of the space as I can. Like I said, I am very happy with the outcome and am only on the lookout for a retractable wire/cord that I can hang my delicate laundry on.

0 comments: